Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Cowboy

This may be news to some of you, but I've been dating someone as of late. I would say that we are somewhat of an unlikely match; I'm a city girl from St. Louis and he is cowboy from Texas. He loves things like cowboy boots and plaid. I don't own a pair of cowboy boots and I have one plaid shirt. So, we're a little different. We do have a lot in common but I've been wondering what it means to date a cowboy. . . and I'm slowly finding out.

About three or four days into my Christmas vacation, my boyfriend shares an idea with me. He's thinking about buying some sheep. I respond, "For what? Are you going to sell the wool?" "No, It'll give me something to do. I know a lady who will rent me some land and I'll build a little fence for them." You know you are missed when you're boyfriend starts talking about buying herd animals. Well, I know nothing about animals so I can't really say much considering my family pet was always a bunny and the last one I helped take care of starved to death. May you rest in peace, Butterscotch.

A few days after his announcement of his intentions to buy some sheep, he then tells me that he is thinking of purchasing some goats too. Well, he saw a man about buying a goat and this is the goat he is going to buy. My boyfriend is letting me name the goat. My first thought was, "this goat is spry." So that's his name, "Spry." Maybe if we are lucky he will get invited to be on the Brian Fellow's Safari Planet show!


I feel like he is smirking in this picture and winking at the same time. It's probably cause those other goats are females. He's only eight months but he's already working it with the ladies. When I get back to Texas, I will meet Spry. I've never met a goat before so this could be an interesting encounter.

5 comments:

  1. "you know you are missed when your boyfriend starts talking about buying herd animals." You kill me rebecca. why don't we hang out more often? oh yeah, you moved to TX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell ya, opposites do attract! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, Brian Fellows! I forgot all about him. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rebecca,
    Joleen introduced me to your blog.
    I am laughing so hard I might need to be resuscitated soon.
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete