Monday, April 15, 2013

My uniform


I don't normally take the "selfie" but the other day I thought that I should document my "mom/wife of a horseman"  uniform. Everyday I wake up and go out to feed the horses before Wyatt wakes up and I need to feed him. As long as I slept in suitable sweats, I typically just slip on these cowboy boots. Now, these boots are a little big because they were given to Isaac by a friend but they are too small for him. So, I claimed them as mine. I used to go out in tennis shoes but we have this horrible weed/grass that leaves stickers everywhere and running shoes are the worst for that. I always wonder what people think as they drive past me as I walk out to get the mail in my sweatpants/cowboy boots combo. Do they think, "oh that is normal" or do they think, "who wears sweat pants with boots?" OR maybe they think, "trash." 

Well, I stay in this uniform to take out the trash, get the mail, feed the dog, really whatever my day requires. I usually postpone showering till before I have to leave the house (don't worry, I shower daily). I do this for three reasons. One, there is about a 7% chance, I might actually do a video workout sometime during the day. Two, housework can make a girl sweaty. And three, if I take a nap, I want to do it before I style my hair. So there you have it, the stay-at-home-mom uniform. 


No comments:

Post a Comment