Monday, May 13, 2013

A Mother's Love



A faint cry wakes me in the night
I stumble as I try to find the light. 

Exhausted, wondering how much time has passed
I make my way across the house.

I find you in your crib searching for mommy,
your laugh turns to a giggle when you find me. 

As I pick you up, I give you a warm hug 
and hope that you will always feel my love.

I bring you over to the couch
and prepare to feed your tiny mouth.

You look up at me and tug my hair
It makes me smile to see your wondering stare.

Your tiny hands reach up and explore my face.
You fall back asleep, in my arms you are safe. 

The house is quiet, the night is dark, 
a tear trickles down because someday we will part.

I wonder what kind of man you will grow to be
and feel grateful that God chose me.

Time ticks so quickly and you grow too fast,
but these nighttime moments give me a memory that will last.







1 comment:

  1. That is beautifully written. It sums up motherhood quite nicely. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete