Thursday, October 10, 2013

The oppression of women

Who made this? The first time I saw this shoe I wanted to vomit. I thought the point of tennis shoes was comfort. Now you want to take my comfortable shoes away and make them into heels?! Please tell me that a man invented these because if it was another woman, I think we all need to take her down.





Another fashion trend  that oppresses women is the romper or the one piece jumpsuit.

                

Who brought this back? There is a reason some things go out of style. How am I supposed to go to bathroom in this? Oh wait, that's right! Women don't go to the bathroom. We also never fart. What man would ever consent to wearing a one piece article of clothing. Men don't even have take off their pants, or even underwear, to go to the bathroom. Now women need to take off shirt, pants, and underwear? Nope, I'm not buying one of these things. And you know who wears one piece outfits like this all the time? My 1-year-old son. At least his outfits have snaps at the bottom for easy access.

Another fashion trend that may not seem oppressive, but bothers me nonetheless, is shorts that are so short that you can see the girl's butt cheeks. Now, if you have a nice butt this is a great way for you to showcase it and men will be excited. But you know who isn't excited? Anyone that has to sit on a seat wear you sat. We all sweat and unless you are lathering up your buttocks with deodorant, chances are your butt sweats. On a seat. A public seat. GROSS. This is actually worse for other girls who wear shorts as short as yours because basically your butts kiss on a restaurant booth seat. What did they call that on Modern Family, a lunar landing? I'm glad that my butt is safe because it is covered but I still don't want your sweaty bum germs on my jeans, skirt, or anything else I wear. Plus, doesn't your butt ever stick to the seat? Ew, gross. Does it really take that much effort for you to turn a guy's head? Maybe you need a new haircut or something, because I just don't feel like shorts that short could be comfortable or sanitary.

Well, I'm glad I got that off my chest. Hopefully, women everywhere will realize that we need to fight against this fashion oppression, not just for our comfort but also for our health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment