Monday, March 8, 2010

By popular request...


Yes, I have finally decided to start a blog. This is long overdue, but. . .I was lazy. I was quite unsure about what snazzy name I could choose for my blog. What small phrase could possibly capture my personality? Well, I was grateful to find out that I can change the title if I need to.
So...why "the domestic unwife"? Well, a friend of a friend has a blog named, "the undomesticated housewife." I was telling a friend about how I wanted a clever title like hers and joked, "what would mine be called, 'the domesticated unwife'?" It stuck. Except "domesticated" make me feel like some kind of farm animal, so I chose "domestic" instead.


Now, let's talk about my domestic side. I love to cook and even clean. And the biggest surprise of all is that I can even sew. . .and I have pictures to prove it! Believe it or not, I did make these pillows (I did get a little help from my mother).
Now, about the "unwife". . . well it is important that everyone knows that the "un" doesn't mean, "ew, gross." It's actually because I am not married, not that I'm disgusting. . .though if I was disgusting that would explain why I'm single...but then the wife part would be confusing.
This blog will be filled with sarcastic anecdotes from my life. If you decide to follow my blog, I hope that my experiences will put a smile on your face and bring more laughter to your life.

9 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you started a blog I will be following it faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following blogs! I'm excited you decided to start blogging. If you want it, my blog is http://bradandmaryanne.blogspot.com. No clever title though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! I love that you have started a blog! Count me in as one of your readers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah! It's about time. Now we just need to get Mel on board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Those pillows are way cute! Can't wait to see your other works!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can hear that conversation evolving about the "domestic unwife" anyway, i love reading blogs (at least by people i like :) i'm glad you've joined the ranks of bloggerhood

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am SOOOO excited you started a blog! I will definitely follow you! (that sounds stalkerish.... ha!) And maybe I'll eventually do one too. Mine might have to be the undomestic housewife in heels. ha! glad to see you've put your sarcasm and hilarious outlook on life on the internet-many will benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Homeslice. You are soooooooooooo popular. I just have this feeling that your blog is going to turn out to be one of those Julie and Julia blogs. You are a saint and a soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Welcome to the bloggerhood.

    ReplyDelete