Monday, March 29, 2010

Santa Maria and the Minivan

I have something more to confess. . .

First, a Santa Maria air freshener hangs from my rear view mirror. Each day on my way to work I sing to Maria. You may wonder where she came from and ironically, we met in Las Vegas at McDonald's. My friend gave her to me in the parking lot there and told me the virgin would bring me good luck. And...she has! I always find great parking spots now! So, although I don't believe in worshipping Mother Mary, this little air freshener has improved my quality of life...you may want to think about getting yourself a little Santa Maria air freshener.

Second, I love the minivan. I know SUVs are the new rave and that minivans are for "less cool" moms but I am feeling the minivan! Let me tell you why I love the minivan.

1. It's the perfect height off the ground. You don't have to jump up into it or bend down to get in, you just slide right on in.
2. It's comfortable for all passengers.
3. You don't have to wait for someone to get out and bend up their chair so you can get out of the back seat.
4. The doors are electric...boogie woogie woogie!
5. Children think minivans are the coolest thing ever!
6. The minivan does not falsely make lame-o people look cool or rich like an Escalade does.
7. Gas mileage is considerably decent.
8. Minivans are great for road trips.
9. Minivans are more eco friendly than SUVs.
10. Maximum luggage space without having to drive around a semi truck's baby.

Now, I don't mean to knock the SUV because they are great for going up into the mountains and towing boats and such, but let's be honest. . .it's a status symbol for most people. So, you may think you look cooler in an SUV and you might, but then you have me wondering if you ever looked cool before you got into the SUV.

Oh, I feel better now.

4 comments:

  1. You're electric...boogie, woogie, woogie, woogie. Nice post homeslice! You are just so darn interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mini van part! I totally agree! One sad mini van confession I have is when I watch the Toyota Sienna commercial for the new Sienna I am a bit envious. Mini van envy! Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that the Santa Maria is bringing you such happiness. I believe she may become a staple gift after this testimonial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The SUV as a status symbol isn't working anymore because we've all figured it out. One of my favorite SNL lines from Weekend Update "It was announced this week that they will halt all production of the Hummer. Now you will just have to walk around wearing a sign that says "I'm a douche" instead."

    P.S. Sorry for the language, but it's okay if it's for comedy right?

    ReplyDelete