Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dog Movies


What is it with the dog movies? Now granted I didn't grow up with a dog so I have no strong affinity towards dogs, but when I go to a movie I don't want to see a dog superhero or even Lassie. I'm just not interested in these stories about dogs. So the other day my friend and I rented a movie and we were watching the previews and this dog movie was advertised. The movie looks absolutely stupid but it's based on a true story so I guess a shouldn't knock it. The name of the movie was Hachi. What kind of dog name is that? Hachi sounds like Japanese martial arts to me.

Anyway, after they showed scenes with the dog who appears? RiChArD GeAr?!?! Really? Have you really lossed all your sex appeal that you are now in dog movies? And, to add to that...it never even made it to theaters...why? Because people don't want to see movies about a dog! Sure we like dogs because we can play outside with them and pet their soft hair but who wants to sit for two hours and watch a dog. Dogs like to watch us...not the other way around.

Well, I just needed to put that out there. And, although Richard doesn't read my blog I just have to let him know that Hachi was a bad career move. Sorry, Richie. Just not feeling it.

4 comments:

  1. i think we should rent this. just to say we actually saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, and maybe Richard Gear is hot in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Marley and Me's commercial success would beg to differ with you. Ha ha, but seriously, there are some good dog movies out there, but that's coming from someone who likes dogs and grew up with them. The preview for this movie actually makes me tear up a little but at the same time has me wondering how this story could fill a whole movie. I don't think I'll be seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahhaa I loved this post!!! Seriously, Richard?! What's up?!??!?!

    ReplyDelete