Thursday, September 30, 2010

No, I will not send you a dirty picture!

Tonight, I was listening to the radio while driving to zumba and a new song came on, "Take a dirty picture for me, Take a dirty picture." I thought, "Did I just hear right?" Yes, oh yes, I did. Here are the lyrics to this song. In italics, you will see my comments about this song.

Dirty Picture (first off, what do you mean by "dirty"? Do you mean when I'm sweaty after I work out? Or when I'm covered in dirt because I was weeding the garden? When I just mowed the lawn and have grass clippings all over me?)

I could dream of ways to see you (creepy!)
I could close my eyes to dream (okay?)
I could fantasize about you (sounds like you
already do. Did I give you permission to do that?)
Tell the world what I believe (what kind of beliefs are we talking about here? This does not sound religious)
But whenever I'm not with you (I'm so glad there are times when I am not with you!)
It's so hard for me to see (Do you need contacts?)
I need to see a picture of you (uh, hello? Facebook! I've posted hundreds of pictures)
A special picture just for me, yeah (You are special but that doesn't mean you get a picture)

So take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
Just take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
Just send the dirty picture to me
Send the dirty picture
Just send the dirty picture to me
Send the dirty picture
(What does that mean? And if you are referring to a picture of me nude, I'm insulted. When I'm naked, I'm usually very clean cause I'm either in the shower, or I just got out of the shower. And, do you think I am deaf? How many times do you have to say that you want a picture? I heard you, I'm just ignoring you!)

Snap. (Oh no, you did not just say "snap" to me!)
Uh. (are you grunting?)

Whenever you are gone, I just wanna be wit ya (wish the feelings were mutual...)
Please don't get me wrong, I just wanna see a picture (Get you wrong? I don't understand. That statement is not able to mean more than one thing.)

Take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
Take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
(Here we go again! Really, you are sooooo needy! Stop already!)

Whenever you are gone, I just wanna be wit ya
Please don't get me wrong, I just wanna see your picture
(Do you have amnesia? You just said that)

Take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
Take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
(No. Plus, how am I supposed to take a decent picture of myself? It's not like a have a tripod set up)

The dream of ways to see you
I could close my eyes to dream
Fantasize about this with you
But the way is never seen
(You sound like a 13 year old boy. A real man should never sound so desperate.)

Take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
Take a dirty picture for me
Take a dirty picture
Just send the dirty picture to me
Send the dirty picture
Send the dirty picture to me
Send the dirty picture
(You have just proven to me that not only are you socially impaired, you also are unoriginal and have an extremely low IQ)

So, I hope to hear songs with better lyrics in the future cause this one sucked. I felt like I was in a hallway at a middle school. I really expect more from artists, but obviously my expectations were too high.

5 comments:

  1. this cracked me up! thank you for sharing the commentary, just what i needed. reminds me a little of a marshrutka ride in Volzhskii. it could be bad news if this guy got with the "jump in my car" guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca I'm so glad you listen to lyrics! I believe we had a conversation about how ridiculous some of the popular songs are these days... yep, it was def with you, in the back of Fergus, at the super activity. I believe Taio Cruz was the target that time.

    MISS YOU <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel--I am laughing out loud right now! That was probably one of the funniest moments on my mission. Jessica- that dance party and hiphop serenade for Dustin while cruising in Fergus was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't I know about the marshrutka in Volzhskii ride?

    I feel similarly about the "I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful" song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you. The fact that you were so articulate in interpreting the artists attempt at writing meaningful lyrics, but failing, astounds me. You ought to consider doing this for a living, I'm sure there are plenty of people who might pay big bucks for your commentary. In summation, it might be said that you are an artist yourself. Capitol.

    ReplyDelete